Thursday 1 November 2007

WEEK 5



This picture which I found on google I thought would be perfect to base our diner on. It seems just the right size for our diner, and enough space for our character to move around in and interact in.




This is a product dimension sheet of a 50s diner booth. I used this as a base for creating a blueprint of our diner, also based heavily on the photo above. I decided to cut out the worktop to the north of the diner as it didn't seem necessary for what we needed. Instead though, I placed a jukebox in that space, which we felt is VERY important for a 50s diner.




Rough blueprint created to scale in Photoshop.


These are some pictures from a website of 50s style diner furniture. I think this is great reference material to use when creating the environment.



These two screenshots show a rough 3D layout of the inside of the diner (part being used). I followed the dimensions of the blueprint and also scaled it round our character model which we found online. The reason for this is so that Daryl can start animating the scenes whilst me and Harrison create the models, texturing etc to place in the environment later.. basically to structure our time better.



These two screenshots show a rough 3D layout of the outsdie of the diner. Again, just for a base for Daryl to work on.

No comments: